Back to Table of Content
Essential Precautionary Measures against Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS) for Food Premises
- Step up cleaning, inspection and maintenance for all ventilating systems in the premises, including air outlets, air filters, fresh air inlets and ventilating ducts.
- Keep the ventilating systems of the premises in operation during business hours.
- Provide customers of restaurants and factory canteens with additional chopsticks or spoons for the common serving of food.
- Wash and sterilize tableware / towels provided to customers thoroughly before re-used.
- Step up cleansing and disinfection of the walls, floors, utensils, tables, chairs and equipment on the premises.
- Cease work and consult a registered medical practitioner immediately should any employee found suffering from respiratory tract illness.
- Put all food, beverage and tableware under proper storage and cover.
- Arrange mouth masks for the staff to wear; and
- Ensure food properly covered during delivery.