|Introduction of Abortus Services||Abortus Keeping Facilities||Abortus Cremation Facilities||Leaflet on Abortus Facilities|
|Introduction of the Home of Forever Love||How to Apply for Private Abortus Cremation Service||Batch Cremation Service for Healthcare Facilities||Photo and Video Gallery of the Home of Forever Love|
Application for Private Abortus Cremation Service (For an abortus that is not a "still-birth"Note)
It is free of charge to apply for services for abortus cremation and scattering of cremains at the designated garden. An applicant may choose:
- cremation of the abortus and scattering of the cremated ashes (if any) at the designated garden next to the abortus cremation facility; or
- cremation of the abortus and self-keeping of the cremated ashes (if any).
Please note that in most circumstances, cremains of abortuses will not be left after cremation.
Abortus Cremation Facilities (For an abortus that is not a "still-birth"Note)
The Food and Environmental Hygiene Department (FEHD) has one abortus cremation facility:
|Abortus Cremation Facility||Address||Tel. No.|
|The Home of Forever Love in Kwai Chung||The Home of Forever Love, Kwai Chung Crematorium, 11-13 Wing Hau Street, Kwai Chung, New Territories||2614 4390|
An abortus meeting the following criteria is eligible for the application for cremation in the abortus cremation facility under the FEHD:
- With the father and/or mother being resident(s) of Hong Kong; and
- With the "Documentation on Abortus" or other documentary proof issued by a local medical practitioner or hospital or registered healthcare facility.
The applicant should submit the application in person to the FEHD's Cemeteries and Crematoria Office in Hung Hom or Happy Valley at least 3 working days before the intended date of cremation. When submitting the application, the applicant should produce the following documents:
- A duly completed application form (FEHB 326);
- The original and a copy of the "Documentation on Abortus" or other documentary proof issued by a local medical practitioner or hospital or registered healthcare facility;
- The original and a copy of the applicant's HKID Card; and
- A copy of the HKID Card of the mother of the abortus (only applicable when the applicant is not the mother of the abortus).
An applicant submitting an application by e-form, by post or by fax is required to produce the originals of the supporting documents for verification when invited by our staff for interview. The Application Form can be downloaded from the FEHD's website (https://www.fehd.gov.hk).
In general, approval will be granted by the FEHD within 3 working days from the date of receipt of a duly completed application form and the documentation required. Application for services of abortus cremation and scattering of ashes at the dedicated garden is free of charge.
Checking on Application Status
Successful applicants, who has chosen to receive the notification of results by phone short message, may browse the approval at the following link.
Checking on the Status of Application for Abortus Cremation (For SMS notification only)
Points to Note for Abortus Cremation
- In most circumstances, cremains of abortuses will not be left after cremation.
- For hygienic handling of the abortus, the applicant has the responsibility to arrange for both the retrieval and cremation of the abortus to be conducted on the same day. Upon approval of the application, the applicant should contact the hospital/healthcare facility concerned and the staff of the FEHD, and retrieve the abortus from the authority in possession of the abortus and bring the abortus to the FEHD's abortus cremation facility for cremation on the same day.
- The container for keeping the abortus must be made by paper or cardboard, and the applicant must prepare and provide his/her own container. The length, width and height of the container shall not exceed 300mm, 240mm and 240mm respectively. If the applicant fails to comply with any of the container requirements, the FEHD will revoke the approval for the abortus cremation service.
- The applicant should arrive at the abortus cremation facility in Kwai Chung at least 15 minutes before the scheduled cremation timeslot for registration.
- The timeslot reserved for each application will last about two hours, including an hour for cremation itself. The applicant may stay in the multi-purpose room for brief condolence for 30 minutes after registration, and then proceed with the one-hour cremation.
- In case cremains are left, the applicant may choose to:
- scatter the cremains at the designated garden of the facility;
- keep the cremains by himself/herself; or
- authorise the FEHD to dispose of the cremains in a decent manner.
- If the applicant fails to bring the abortus to cremation facility on the date of cremation, please contact the Office of Kwai Chung Crematorium at 2614 4390 as soon as possible for re-arrangements. Otherwise, the approval will be regarded as "Invalid" without further notice.
Offices of the Cemeteries and Crematoria Section
|Hong Kong Cemeteries and Crematoria Office:||Kowloon Cemeteries and Crematoria Office:|
|Address: 1J Wong Nai Chung Road, Happy Valley, Hong Kong (next to Hong Kong Cemetery)||Address: Upper Ground Floor, 6 Cheong Hang Road, Hung Hom, Kowloon|
|Tel.: 2570 4318||Tel.: 2365 5321|
|Fax: 2591 1879||Fax: 2176 4963|
Note: A "still-birth" is defined as an abortus that has been issued with a Certificate of Still-birth referred to as Form 13 under the Births and Deaths Registration Ordinance (Cap. 174).