The applicant, who must bring along the required documents and the service charge and be accompanied by the representative of a licensed undertaker, can apply for a cremation session at the joint Cremation Booking Office from 9:15 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and 2:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. for weekdays and 9:15 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. for Saturday.
The cremation service provided by the Department's crematoria is arranged as follows:
- The applicant should complete the Application for Private Cremation Form for the booking of an unallocated normal session within 15 calendar days from the day next to the application day (Applicants are encouraged to complete the application form and pre-pay the cremation fee through the "Online Cremation Application and Pre-paid System" to shorten the time spent at the application counter of the office).
- If applicant authorize the staff of licensed undertaker or other person to book the cremation session, he/she should complete and sign on Section C and Section G of the application form for private cremation. The authorized person shall sign on Section C and Section E shall be stamped with the chop and signature of a licensed undertaker.
- The original copy of the Certificate of Registration of Death and the Cremation Permit of the deceased, the copy of Hong Kong identity Card/Passport of the deceased, the applicant and the authorized person shall be produced during submission of the application form.
- If applicant is not the deceased's relative, applicant has to provide the information and contact method of trustee or deceased's relative in Section F of this form; or the deceased has no relatives in Hong Kong, the applicant should provide documentary proof. If applicant could not provide the required information, he/she should provide the reason(s), otherwise this application will not be approved.
- The applicant must ensure all the information contained in the application is true and correct. If false information is given or false declaration is made by the applicant, no permission will be given or such permission if given will be revoked. Also, the applicant may be liable to legal responsibility arising from the false information given or false declaration made.
- Bookings of cremation sessions of the Department's crematoria are processed on a first-come-first-served basis.
The addresses of the Cremation Booking Office:
- 18th Floor, Wu Chung House, 213 Queen's Road East, Wan Chai, Hong Kong (Tel: 2961 8842)
- 1/F, Cheung Sha Wan Government Offices, 303 Cheung Sha Wan Road, Kowloon (Tel: 2150 7502)