The applicant, who must bring along the required documents and the service charge and be accompanied by the representative of a licensed undertaker, can apply for a cremation session at the joint Cremation Booking Office from 9:15 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and 2:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. for weekdays and 9:15 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. for Saturday.
The cremation service provided by the Department's crematoria is arranged as follows:
- The applicant should complete the Application for Private Cremation Form. He/she can book an unallocated normal session within 15 calendar days from the day next to the date of application.
- The applicant may authorize the representative of a licensed undertaker to book a cremation session for him/her. He/she and his/her representative should sign and stamp the chop of the licensed undertaker on an authorization form in the presence of the Counter staff of this Department in the Booking Office.
- Bookings of cremation sessions of the Department's crematoria are processed on a first-come-first-served basis.
The addresses of the Cremation Booking Office:
- 18th Floor, Wu Chung House, 213 Queen's Road East, Wan Chai, Hong Kong (Tel: 2961 8842)
- 1/F, Cheung Sha Wan Government Offices, 303 Cheung Sha Wan Road, Kowloon (Tel: 2150 7502)