Fourth Round of the Anti-Epidemic Fund
Application for the Catering Business Subsidy Scheme (Public Market Cooked Food / Light Refreshment Stalls) ended on 28 January 2021 at 5:00 p.m.
The Food and Environmental Hygiene Department (FEHD) is operating the Catering Business Subsidy Scheme (Public Market Cooked Food / Light Refreshment Stall) under the Anti-epidemic Fund. The Scheme is now open to applications from eligible market tenants for a one-off subsidy. Upon approval, eligible tenant will receive a one-off subsidy of $50,000 provided that he/she is not subject to any bankruptcy or winding up procedure/proceedings/order when the subsidy is to be granted.
Application Period and Method are as follow:
|Application Period:||From 9:00 a.m. on 29 December 2020 (Tuesday) to 5:00 p.m. on 28 January 2021 (Thursday)|
To apply for the subsidy, an applicant is required to fulfil the following criteria:
- the tenancy agreement of the market stall entered into with the Director of Food and Environmental Hygiene is valid throughout the period from 8 December 2020 to the time of approval of the application;
- the market stall has not suspended its operation due to improvement works to the relevant market throughout the period from 8 December 2020 to the time of approval of the application and has not been offered any rental waiver by FEHD in this regard; AND
- the applicant is not subject to any bankruptcy or winding up procedure/proceedings/order at the time of the application and up to the date of grant of subsidy
Obtaining Application Forms
During the application period, eligible applicants may: -
- download and print the Application Form from the FEHD website (www.fehd.gov.hk); or
- obtain the Application Form in person during office hours at the Market Office of corresponding public market / cooked food market or relevant FEHD District Environmental Hygiene Offices.
Notes for Filling in and Submission of the Application Form
Before completing Application Form, please read carefully the content of Application Form, Eligibility and Notes for Submission of the Application Form.
Submission of Application Form
An Application Form duly completed with information checked correct and signed should be submitted within the application period by the following means:
- in person to the Market Office of the corresponding public market / cooked food market or the corresponding District Environmental Hygiene Office; or
- by post to the corresponding District Environmental Hygiene Office of the related market stall.
The opening hours of District Environmental Hygiene Offices are as follow :
Monday to Friday： 8:45 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Saturday, Sunday and Public Holiday： Closed
- An Applicant should submit only one Application Form for each eligible market stall. The provision of personal data in the Application Form is voluntary. Applications will not be accepted if applicants do not use the prescribed form, tender late submission, provide insufficient or incorrect information or tender multiple application for the same stall.
- Application Forms shall be submitted before 5:00 p.m. on 28 January 2021 (Thursday). For application by post, the date of application will be determined according to postmark date and late submission will not be accepted.
Processing of Application
- Under normal circumstances, FEHD will issue notice to applicant to acknowledge application within seven working days after receiving the application.
- FEHD will process and approve applications in the order in which they are received. Upon approval, the tenant will receive a one-off subsidy for each eligible market stall. The subsidy will be released by a crossed cheque posted to the correspondence address of the tenant according to the record kept by the FEHD. If amendment of correspondence address is required, the tenant shall notify in writing of the corresponding District Environmental Hygiene Office for processing.
- Applicant may be required to attend an interview to verify the submitted information.
Other Points to Note
- No fee is payable for obtaining or submitting the Application Forms.
- FEHD has not entrusted any organisations/persons to receive/process applications or assist in the submission of applications.
- It is an offence under the Prevention of Bribery Ordinance (Cap. 201) to offer advantages to government officers in relation to their official duties.