Prevent Disease Eliminate Rodent Nuisance
The Food and Environmental Hygiene Department is organizing an Anti-rodent Campaign 2021 in collaboration with other Government Departments under the theme ‘Prevent Disease Eliminate Rodent Nuisance’. The Campaign is implemented in two phases. The first phase was conducted from 4 January 2021 to 12 March 2021. The second phase is being conducted from 5 July 2021 to 10 September 2021. The target biotopes will cover –
- markets / municipal services buildings;
- hawker bazaars;
- typhoon shelters; and
- rear lanes.
In addition, rodent problematic spots identified by district pest control staff of the Food and Environmental Hygiene Department will also be attended to.
Main Objectives of Second Phase
- To arouse public awareness on the significance of rodent prevention and control in the community;
- To promote participation of the public in rodent prevention and control work in their premises; and
- To reduce rodent population in the territory, particularly in the target areas and their peripheries.
Date 5 July 2021 to 10 September 2021 Venue Health Education Exhibition & Resource Centre
Block S4, Kowloon Park, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon
(at junction of Haiphong Road and Nathan Road, near the Tsim Sha Tsui MTR Station A1 Exit)
Opening Hours Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday – 8:45 a.m. to 6:15 p.m.
Sunday – 11:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Monday, Thursday and Public Holiday – Closed
Roving exhibitions will be held at markets and major shopping malls of housing estates as follows:
Date (Time) Venue 8 July (9:00 am – 4:00 pm) G/F, Wan Chai Market 15 July (9:00 am – 4:00 pm) G/F, Sha Tin Market 22 July (9:00 am – 4:00 pm) G/F, Tai Kok Tsui Market 29 July (9:00 am – 4:00 pm) G/F, Tsing Yi Market 5 August (9:00 am – 4:00 pm) G/F, Shek Wu Hui Market 12 August (9:00 am – 4:00 pm) 1/F, Ap Lei Chau Market 19 August (9:00 am – 4:00 pm) G/F (Venue C), Tin Yiu Plaza, Tin Shui Wai 26 August (9:00 am – 4:00 pm) G/F (Venue A), Hing Tung Shopping Centre, Shau Kei Wan 2 September (9:00 am – 4:00 pm) 2/F (Venue B2), Choi Wan Commercial Complex, Wong Tai Sin 9 September (9:00 am – 4:00 pm) 1/F (Venue A), Fu Tung Plaza, Tung Chung
Rodent Prevention and Control Seminar (Free Admission)
Two seminars on rodent prevention and control for market tenants, market and food premises management and other interested parties are organized as follows:
Seminar 1 Seminar 2 Date : 9 July 2021 (Friday) 3 September 2021 (Friday) Time : 3:00 pm (about one hour) 3:00 pm (about one hour) Venue : Committee Room (North), 7/F, Hong Kong City Hall High Block 5 Edinburgh Place, Central, Hong Kong Function Room AC1, 4/F Administration Building, Hong Kong Cultural Centre, 10 Salisbury Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon
(Note: The seminar will be cancelled if Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal No. 8 or above or Black Rainstorm Warning Signal is still hoisted by Hong Kong Observatory after 11:30 a.m. on the date of the seminar. Moreover, subject to the latest situation of COVID-19, the seminar will be cancelled if the above venue is temporarily closed on the date concerned. Enquiry Tel.: 2867 5254)
The contents of the two seminars will be the same and include biology of rodents and rodent proofing measures. The seminars will be conducted in Cantonese. Each participant will receive a souvenir at the seminars. Since seats are limited, please call to reserve in advance.
A variety of educational leaflets and posters is distributed to the District Environmental Hygiene Offices of the Food and Environmental Hygiene Department and other Government Departments such as Home Affairs Department, Housing Department, Department of Health, Leisure and Cultural Services Department, Social Welfare Department as well as market management companies for display and/or distribution.
District anti-rodent operations
- Our Department will launch a series of rodent disinfestation operations in districts in collaboration with other Government Departments; and
- During the campaign period, staff of our Department will follow the working programme to conduct anti-rodent operations at the problematic spots and to give technical advice to the public on prevention and control of rodents.
Pamphlet and Poster may be downloaded here
- Anti-rodent Pamphlet (Residential Management Companies)
- Anti-rodent Pamphlet (Household Setting)
- Anti-rodent Pamphlet (Shopping Centres)
- Anti-rodent Pamphlet (Rural Villages)
- Anti-rodent Pamphlet (Construction Site)
- Anti-rodent Pamphlet (Markets/Fixed Hawker Stalls/Hawker Bazaars)
- Anti-rodent Pamphlet (Food Premises)
- Anti-rodent Pamphlet (Cargo Handling Areas)
- Anti-rodent Pamphlet (Prevention of Rodent-borne Diseases in Construction Sites and Disused/Vacant Lands)
- Anti-rodent Pamphlet (How to handle trapped live rodents/dispose of dead rodents)
- Anti-rodent Poster (Old Tenement Buildings)
- Anti-rodent Poster (Household Setting)
- Anti-rodent Poster (Shopping Centres)
- Anti-rodent Poster (Rural Villages)
- Anti-rodent Poster (Markets/Fixed Hawker Stalls/Hawker Bazaars)
- Anti-rodent Poster (Food Premises)
- Anti-rodent Poster (Cargo Handling Areas)
- Anti-rodent Poster (Construction Sites)
- Anti-rodent Poster (Eliminate Rodent Nuisance Take Preventive Measures)
- Join Ah Tak to fight against rodent infestation
TV Announcements in the Public Interest
Anti-rodent pamphlets and posters are now available at the following locations
Offices of the Food and Environmental Hygiene Department
- Health Education Exhibition and Resource Centre (Enquiry Tel.: 2377 9275)
- District Environmental Hygiene Offices (Enquiry Tel.: 2868 0000)
- Public Enquiry Service Centre of District Offices, Home Affairs Department
- Major public housing estates and public clinics