For the free COVID-19 Targeted Group Testing Scheme provided by FEHD, no SMS notification containing the result of the test will be issued.
Licensed Cold Stores
Before completing the online registration, please read carefully the following Notes for “Online Registration for COVID-19 TGTS”.
Notes for“Online Registration for COVID-19 TGTS”:
The Food and Environmental Hygiene Department (FEHD) will continue to arrange voluntary free COVID-19 testing services for targeted groups, including high-exposure groups such as staff and personnel working in markets, licensed hawkers and practitioners of cold stores, to safeguard public health.
Persons-in-charge of any licensed cold stores with licences issued by FEHD, can register for their full-time/ part-time staff or personnel for the free COVID-19 TGTS.
- Registration Period
Registration Period: From 9:00 a.m. on 26 September 2020 (Saturday) to
5:00 p.m. on 31 October 2021 (Sunday)
- Processing of Registrations
FEHD has appointed a testing agency, Health Hope International Medical Laboratory Limited, to provide one-stop service covering specimen taking and testing. The testing agency will deliver specimen bottles to restaurants, cold stores, markets and hawker stalls for collecting deep throat saliva samples, and then collect the samples in the subsequent one to two days for testing. Person-in-charge of the premises should return all unused specimen bottles to the testing agency on the day of sample collection. The FEHD will work closely with the testing agency to determine priority of deploying staff to each premises set with reference to a risk-based approach and manpower resources available. Cases with positive results will be relayed to the Centre for Health Protection of the Department of Health for follow-up.
- Other Points to Note
- The testing agency will progressively make relevant arrangements for all cold stores which have registered at the FEHD website.
- It is an offence under the Prevention of Bribery Ordinance (Cap. 201) to offer advantages to government officers in relation to their official duties.
- No fee is payable for registration.
For enquiries, please contact the appointed testing agency, Health Hope International Medical Laboratory Limited Hotline at 5722 3847.
Collection of Personal Data in Connection with
Online Registration for COVID-19 Targeted Group Testing Services
In Accordance with Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance
Statement of Purposes
- Purposes of Collection
The personal data provided by means of this Registration will be used by FEHD for:
- providing COVID-19 TGTS for restaurant staff or other persons agreed to be covered by the Food and Environmental Hygiene Department for the purposes of personal health and public health (including epidemiology) etc.; and
- for facilitating communication among you, persons related to you, Health Hope International Medical Laboratory Limited, the logistics company hired by Health Hope International Medical Laboratory Limited, relevant government bureaux and departments and Hospital Authority.
The provision of personal data by means of the registration is voluntary. However, if you do not provide sufficient information, we may not be able to perform the test.
- Class of Transferees
The personal data provided by means of this registration may be disclosed to relevant government bureax and departments and Hospital Authority in pursuance of the purposes mentioned in paragraph 1 above.
- Access to Personal Data
You have a right of access to and correction of the personal data as provided in accordance with Sections 18 and 22 and Principle 6 of Schedule 1 of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance. Your right of access includes the right to obtain a copy of the personal data which you have provided by means of this Registration. A fee may be imposed for complying with a data access request.
Enquiries concerning the personal data collected in this Registration including the access to and correction of data should be addressed to Hygiene Section, Food and Environmental Hygiene Department, 45/F, Queensway Government Offices, 66 Queensway, Hong Kong.