Application for Deposit of Cremated Ashes in Urn Grave of Public Cemeteries *

Applicant has to apply at the Cemeteries and Crematoria Office of the Food and Environmental Hygiene Department (FEHD) in Hung Hom and to:

  1. produce to the counter staff the deceased's Permit To Take Away Ashes or the Certificate of Cremation as well as the particulars of the deceased of an existing urn grave to which the cremated ashes will be deposited;
  2. after checking the particulars, complete an application form and provide documentary proof of relationship with the deceased. In the absence of such proof, the applicant shall take an oath at the above office (certification from the relevant trade associations or groups is required if the urn grave is in the private lot of a public cemetery);
  3. pay the fees at the shroff office after completing the procedures;
  4. collect the documents and receipt and obtain the authorization letter at collection counter.

* Not applicable to Diamond Hill Urn Cemetery which has been declared closed since 1961.