Application for Allocation of Vacated Urn Graves in the Public Cemeteries at Sandy Ridge/Wo Hop Shek/Outlying Islands

Applicant has to apply in person at the Cemeteries and Crematoria Office of the Food and Environmental Hygiene Department (FEHD) in Hung Hom and to:

  1. complete an application form and provide particulars of the deceased to the counter staff;
  2. be informed whether the vacated urn grave under application is available after checking the particulars;

  3. produce documentary proof of relationship with the deceased. In the absence of such proof, the applicant shall take an oath at the above office;
  4. produce certification documents from the relevant trade associations or groups for application of vacated urn grave in the private lots of the Wo Hop Shek or Sandy Ridge Cemeteries;
  5. produce the original and a copy of letter from the relevant islands rural committee and a statutory declaration made by the legal representative or next of kin of the first decreased person certifying the burial eligibility of the deceased (original will be kept by FEHD) for application of vacated urn in FEHD's Cheung Chau Cemetery, Tai O Cemetery or Lai Chi Yuen Cemetery at Mui Wo if the deceased is not buried in any of these cemeteries;
  6. after completing the above procedures and submitting all required documents , the application for allocation of the vacated urn grave will be immediately completed by FEHD staff ; (if required, FEHD staff will make site visit(s) to the vacated urn grave and applicant will be notified in writing in about two weeks. Upon receipt of the notification letter, please bring along the letter and proof of identity to the above office for allocation of the vacated urn grave.)
  7. pay the fees at the shroff office and collect the documents and receipt from the permit office.