Application for Express Cremation Session of the deceased
If members of the public need to arrange cremation for their deceased as soon as possible with specific reasons, they can submit their application and relevant supporting documents to the Food and Environmental Hygiene Department (the Department) for approval. The criterion for processing such applications is that relatives/close friends of the deceased are unable to attend the funeral held at the cremation session allocated under the normal booking procedure (except the Cheung Chau Crematorium).
The applicant can apply in person, or together with staff of the licensed undertaker (who shall bring along the business’s chop), at Hong Kong Cemeteries and Crematoria Office (Address: 1J Wong Nai Chung Road, Happy Valley, Hong Kong) or Cheung Sha Wan Cremation Booking Office (Address: 1/F, Cheung Sha Wan Government Offices, Kowloon), and has to
- Complete an application form which must bear the business chop of the licensed undertaker;
- Submit the completed form with the original copy of Cremation Order or Cremation Permit issued by the Department of Health; and
- Submit supporting documents such as the following:
- a valid airline ticket for the applicant to leave Hong Kong; or
- letter from the applicant's employer or school attended by the relatives, certifying that they have to leave Hong Kong before the normal cremation session booked; or
- a valid tourist visa of the applicant; or
- documents of appointment for marriage / medical appointment of the applicant; or
- documents providing other special reasons.
The Department has to provide the express cremation service at Cape Collinson Crematorium normally within the next 2 working days to the public. The time slot is either 15:30 hrs or 15:45 hrs.. The quantity of available express cremation session is depended on the maintenance of the cremators in Cape Collinson Crematorium, and up to four cremation sessions per day. Applicants are not allowed to choose the cremation date of the service. The Department will allocate the express cremation session in order on a first-come-first-served basis. If the express cremation session of the day has been fully booked, the Department will allocate the cremation session of the day after the day, and so on. If the applicant fails to provide the required information/documents, the reasons must be stated. Otherwise the application will not be processed.
The business hours for handling the service:
|Monday to Friday
|09:00 hrs. to 12:00 hrs., 14:00 hrs. to 16:00 hrs.
|09:00 hrs. to 12:00 hrs.
|Saturday (afternoon), Sunday and Public Holidays