Application for Exportation of Exhumed Remains
Applicant has to apply in person at the Cemeteries and Crematoria Office of the Food and Environmental Hygiene Department (FEHD) in Hung Hom or Happy Valley and to:
- produce the following documents :
- originals and copies of the documents permitting the burial issued by the Mainland / overseas cemetery, where the remains are to be buried as well as the documents for the import of the exhumed remains (the name of the deceased should be clearly stated in the documents and if the deceased has been buried in a public cemetery, the name should be identical with FEHD's record).
- complete an application form (FEHB 143 and / or FEHB 148);
- collect the Authorization after FEHD's staff has checked the details;
- pay the fees and collect the receipt at the shroff office, and collect the Certificate of Cremation/Burial at collection counter after payment.
- For exportation of dead bodies, application shall be made to the Immigration Department.
- For burial under six years, the applicant should first apply for transfer of coffin from cemetery before removing the remains from the cemetery.