- There are two types of niches available at the columbaria of FEHD:
"Standard niche"- if applicant prefers, a standard niche may hold more than two sets of cremated ashes; the size of niche will differ depending on individual venue
"Large niche"- if applicant prefers, a family niche may hold more than four sets of cremated ashes; the size of niche will differ depending on individual venue
It generally refers to the spouse, parent, grandparent, grandparent-in-law, brother, sister, father-in-law, mother-in-law, daughter-in law, son-in-law or a direct descendant of either the paternal or maternal line of the deceased person whose ashes were the first to be kept in the niche. Furthermore, if the subsequent deceased was in close relationship with the first deceased, the Department will consider the application as well.
- The fees for the niche and the placing of a memorial plaque are shown in the following table:
Type Initial 20-year Interment Period 10-year Interment Period Standard niche HK$2,400 HK$1,200 Large niche HK$3,000 HK$1,500 Placing a memorial plaque HK$90
Note: The administrative fee for placing an additional set of ashes is $140.
- FEHD has not commissioned any organization / person to receive / process applications or assist in the submission of applications. No one shall enjoy any convenience or privilege.
For enquiries, please contact the Cemeteries and Crematoria Offices of FEHD on Hong Kong Island or in Kowloon:
- Hong Kong Cemeteries and Crematoria Office
Address: 1J Wong Nai Chung Road, Happy Valley, Hong Kong.
Tel: 2570 4318
Fax: 2591 1879
- Kowloon Cemeteries and Crematoria Office
Address: Upper Ground Floor, 6 Cheong Hang Road , Hung Hom, Kowloon.
Tel: 2365 5321
Fax: 2176 4963