Application for Exhumation of Remains for Relocation to Burial Places for Indigenous New Territories Villagers
Applicant has to apply in person at the Cemeteries and Crematoria Office of the Food and Environmental Hygiene Department (FEHD) in Hung Hom and to:
- produce the recommendation letter from village/rural representatives or rural committee chairman;
- produce the approval letter issued by the Home Affairs Department for burial of indigenous villagers in burial places;
- produce documentary proof of relationship with the deceased. In the absence of such proof, the applicant shall take an oath at the above office;
- pay the fees at the shroff office after completing the procedures;
- after payment, collect the relevant documents and receipt from the permit office, and arrange exhumation and relocation of exhumed remains.