Applicant has to apply in person at the Cemeteries and Crematoria Office of the Food and Environmental Hygiene Department (FEHD) in Hung Hom or Happy Valley and to:
- produce the death certificate of the deceased. Certification issued by the Police or the mortuary is required if the identity of the deceased could not be established before the burial;
- produce documentary proof of the applicant's relationship with the deceased. In the absence of such proof, the applicant shall take an oath at the above office;
- complete an application form;
- leave the office after submitting the form and wait for a demand note to pay the fees charged by the Government for the burial;
- present the original and copy of the demand note with fees paid to the staff at the above office for registration.
- Like other public cemeteries, application for exhumation of dead body in Sandy Ridge Cemetery may be made after burial for six years.
- If monument, headstone or tablet is to be erected, upon payment of the relevant fees, application may be made at the Cemeteries and Crematoria Office of the FEHD in Hung Hom or Happy Valley.