Applicant has to apply in person at the Cemeteries and Crematoria Office of the Food and Environmental Hygiene Department (FEHD) in Hung Hom or Happy Valley and to:
- produce his identity card and the original and copy of the Exhumation Permit issued by FEHD;
- complete and submit an application form to the counter staff;
- pay the fees at the shroff office, collect the Exhumation Permit and the receipt;
- arrange with a mason to exhume the remains at the cemetery after completing the procedures;
- take the exhumed remains, together with the relevant documents and receipt, to the Wo Hop Shek or Cheung Chau Crematorium Office to register for cremation;
- collect the cremated ashes and the Permit to Take Away Cremated Ashes at Wo Hop Shek or Cheung Chau Crematorium after cremation.