Application for Importation of Dead Bodies for Burial or Cremation
Applicant has to apply in person, together with staff of the undertaker (who shall bring along the business chop) at the Cemeteries and Crematoria Office of the Food and Environmental Hygiene Department (FEHD) in Hung Hom or Happy Valley and to
- produce the following documents:
- Permit to Import Human Remains issued by the Port Health Office of the Department of Health;
- death certificate, embalming and export documents issued by the local authority of the place where the death occurred;
- supporting documents regarding the purchase of a grave space are required for burial in a private cemetery, whereas indicate in the application form suffices for burial in a public cemetery.
- complete and submit an application form together with copies of the above documents;
- collect the Authorization after completing the procedures, burial can then be arranged.
For cremation after importation of the dead body, the applicant should first bringing along with the documents mentioned at item (1)(i) and (ii) above apply to the Department of Health for the Cremation Permit. Payment of the cremation fee and booking for a cremation session can then be made at FEHD's Cremation Booking Office.
Food and Environmental Hygiene Department
9 February 2015 (revised)